How does a man without a father become such an amazing one? Surely it must be one of God the Father’s greatest mysteries.
I get to witness this miracle-mystery in action every day. And I couldn’t be more thankful. This weekend, a weekend to celebrate fathers, I am thankful for the kind of father who . . .
31) shows up as Darth Vader at our little boy’s birthday
I am thankful for the accountant-Dad in my house whose hands love to build . . .
32) a popsicle bridge with our favorite geometry student
33) a new patio from a pallet of pavers
34) keepsakes to treasure always
He’s the kind of Dad who . . .
35) takes the family on walks to feed the ducks
And I admire the way he . . .
36) rises early to work every day except Sunday
37) takes time off work to chaperone high school choir trips
I like that he’s the kind of Dad who . . .
38) launches his boy like a rocket
This same Dad . . .
39) takes the kids’ Mom for carousel rides on a freezing night
And I couldn’t be more thankful for this man, the kids’ Father, who . . .
40) built a bridge, bigger than this one, to my heart.
Ann Voskamp continues her thoughts on thanksgiving every Monday at aholyexperience.com.